Manager (gn) Regulatory Affairs & Product Labelling - Europe & AMEAP region
COMPANYDawn Foods is a leading global bakery manufacturer and ingredients supplier, with its origin and headquarters in Jackson, Michigan (US). Nearly one century ago it started as family business with two bakers and a recipe for delicious donuts. Today they employ 5,000 people and do business with more than 40,000 artisanal and retail bakers, foodservice leaders and manufacturers in more than 100 countries worldwide. As family-owned company Dawn Foods drives a culture of global growth, diversity, service to others and continuous learning and fun. Key company values are passion, integrity, relationships, progress and optimism. One of its business regions is Europe & AMEAP (Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific), with 900 people and head office in Amstelveen (The Netherlands). European production locations and offices are based in The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the UK. The sales office for the AMEAP region is located in Dubai. For the region Europe & AMEAP we are searching for a Manager Regulatory Affairs & Product Labelling, to be based in The Netherlands or at one of the European locations.
- Responsible for compliance of Dawn Foods products with all relevant food legislation in the European and AMEAP markets; this involves raw materials, recipes, labels and other forms of communication
- Managing and coaching the teams for both Regulatory Affairs (9 employees) and Product Labelling (6 employees) across the various international locations
- Embedding the regulatory function as integral part of product management, product development, procurement, production and quality assurance processes; risk assessment of new legislation on manufactured and marketed products
- Contributing to certification audits in close cooperation with Quality Assurance with respect to product specifications and compliance
- Ensuring that all product labels are compliant with relevant food legislation in the various countries.
- Positioning Dawn Foods as a leading opinion creator on legislation and compliance within the European bakery and food industry; active role in external industry associations
- Acting as company legal advisor for food legislation issues in Europe & AMEAP
- Reporting to the Operations Director Ingredients & Regulatory Affairs.
- Bachelor/Master degree, for example in Food Technology, Chemistry or an equivalent
- Relevant experience with international regulatory affairs, product specifications and compliance in the B2B and/or B2C food business
- Actual and in-depth knowledge about international food law, ingredients and formulations, product quality and auditing standards
- Proven leadership capabilities and excited to manage, facilitate and connect international teams spread over various locations
- Good understanding about the total food business chain, from raw materials to final consumer products; able to build close relationships with other functional disciplines like Marketing, R&D, QA, Purchasing and Operations
- Familiar with working and travelling in an international business setting; home base in The Netherlands or close to one of the European locations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all internal and external levels
- Personal skills: strategic vision, pro-active, problem solving, well organised, collaborative, independent, takes decisions, results driven and pragmatic.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Hans Hilbrands, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51025152 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn Foods selected DUPP – Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.