Food Safety & Quality Specialist
COMPANYFonterra (www.fonterra.com) is the world’s largest producer of dairy ingredients with the headquarters based in Auckland, New Zealand. Fonterra is a co-operative owned by around 9,000 New Zealand dairy farmers. Fonterra’s focus is on Active Living, Medical Nutrition and Infant Dairy and with this variety of products Fonterra reaches markets in China, Japan, Indonesia, America, Europe and more. The company drives around 30% of dairy exports globally. The Fonterra family is committed to the highest standards and the quality and safety systems are established from the start of the value chain, right through to the product reaching the consumers. A consistent risk-based food safety and quality framework sets out clear guidelines and expectations. Fonterra Europe is based in Amsterdam, with an international team of 90 employees working together, showcasing the Fonterra values with all customers and partners. Fonterra’s company culture is open and honest, with a positive and energetic atmosphere to drive the best results. Fonterra has a strong focus on supporting and developing their people. The European Food Safety & Quality team are looking for an experienced and motivated Food Safety & Quality Specialist, to maintain Fonterra’s high standards.
- Responsible for coordinating everyday business regarding food safety and quality requests from global customers, key account managers (mostly Europe) and the New Zealand technical teams, in a dynamic sales office setting
- Maintaining quality, food safety compliance and supporting product specification reviews including the manufacturing process of third-party manufacturers according to the Fonterra QA standards
- Acting as technical and QA contact for European distributors and third-party manufacturers
- Managing control and release of quality of contract manufactured and re-bagged products
- Analysing and handling quality complaints and assure they are solved
- Being proactive in suggesting continuous improvement actions regarding customer complaints
- Providing support during internal and external audits with regard to approval and re-approval of external suppliers to Fonterra
- Reporting to Food Safety & Quality and Compliance Manager
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Technology, Food Safety or any equivalent study is preferred
- Relevant work experience in the dairy industry and demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of various international food safety standards and quality systems
- Comfortable working and travelling (10 - 20 % outside the office) in an international environment, sharing knowledge with other members on food safety, building strong relationships with key stakeholders globally
- Being flexible working outside of standard working hours infrequently
- Excellent networking and social skills and a convincing communicator, both in writing and verbally; fluency in English
- Fonterra offers the possibility for hybrid working, max. two days/week from home office
- Personal skills: self-starter, proactive, accurate, responsible, positive critical attitude and team player
FURTHER INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
If you are interested in this position, please contact Menthe van Vierssen via phone +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-83406199 . Please send your written application to Menthe van Vierssen via email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
RAU | CONSULTANTS is not in charge of this search project.