A job at Mars (www.mars.com) is never just a job. It’s an adventure. A journey. Anything but blindly following what other people tell you to do. With Mars, the decisions you make matter. It means you can rewrite the rules and build new solutions. You can develop your ideas and create new successes. In fact, in a culture that’s all about freedom, personal responsibility and entrepreneurship – and with brands active in 180 countries and sales of over $30 billion – you can make it mean more no matter where you join Mars. So the question is, what will your story be?
- Responsible for implementing packaging solutions and providing functional expertise for the seasonal (Christmas &Easter ranges ) and International Travel Retail (ITR) products
- Co-ordination of packaging solutions at co-packers in line with fixed deadlines, focusing on costs, efficiency and quality
- Analysing packaging problems through risk assessments and initiating improvements based on new packaging materials and constructions
- Checking feasibility of marketing ideas for the seasonal and ITR products
- Realizing the application of new materials, constructions and converting techniques, together with new or existing suppliers to add value to the product portfolio
- Issuing and optimising technical packaging specifications for all finished items
- Providing administrative support to complete project briefs, co-packing instructions or specifications
- Ensuring all regulations regarding food safety & health and environment are followed
- Working closely together with Marketing, Activity Management, Buying, Packaging Suppliers & Co-Packers
- Reporting to the Packaging Development Manager.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Packaging Science, Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering
- Some years of work experience, preferable within a packaging development role
- Technical knowledge of packaging materials
- Good project management and co-operation skills with several levels in the organisation
- Able to demonstrate a strong creative approach to implement packaging solutions & final delivery
- Willing to travel within Europe (Germany / France) 15-20% of time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch preferred
- Fit with Mars culture and the specific job competences: action orientated, functional technical skills, standing alone, customer focus and problem solving.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Michiel Dekkers, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-86805669 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to: email@example.com