Foodjob Denmark is searching for an experienced Research Scientist in the field of chemical engineering for our client AAK - the world leading producer of specialty fats for the food industry. It is AAKs vision to be The first choice for value-adding vegetable oil solutions which requires constant innovation and optimization of both products and processes.
The position as Research Scientist is your chance to play a vital role contributing to AAKs continued success as a significant player in global food ingredients markets.
As Research Scientist you will be part of AAKs Product and Technology Development (PTD) reporting to AAK's Chief Technology Officer. Internally you will be working closely together with colleagues in both PTD, Customer Innovation, laboratories and the supply chain. Externally you will be working together with external partners at universities, scientific institutions and other companies.
In your role - as expert in your field and as project manager - you define and run your own development projects. Typically you will have one to three mid to long term projects in progress at the same time and the projects will be characterized by:
- New technology plays an important role
- Interaction with external partners will be crucial
- You combine research with “hands-on” work in the laboratories
- You manage your projects though break-down in mile stones and ensures that the deadlines are met
Your primary base is probably Malmö, Sweden – however you can also have your primary base in Aarhus, Denmark or Karlshamn, Sweden. You must expect some travelling, mainly within Europe.
We expect that you have a solid theoretical foundation as chemical engineer at Ph.D. level or minimum M.Sc. level. You have at least 10 years working experience and you can document significant results from both a business context and from academia. Not least you are eager to do groundbreaking research to make a real difference at AAK.
To be successful in the role it is especially important that you:
- Have experience and interest in process, technology, unit operations, modelling and upscaling
- Are motivated by finding new ways through persistent efforts digging deeper – and still deeper
- Can work at different levels - from academia to laboratory and production
- Are a competent project manager with a well developed know-how of research in a business context
Theoretical and practical experience working with oil and fat chemistry is an advantage but not a requirement. The most important thing is that you have the experience and know-how doing research at high level and the interest to acquire further knowledge in the field.
Senior Advisor Martin Alsted from Foodjob Denmark, tel. 0045 2917 1009, email: email@example.com or Chief Technology Officer Karsten Nielsen from AAK, tel. 0045 2043 0082 can be contacted for further information on the position.
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Foodjob Danmark ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.