Dawn Foods Inc. is a rapidly growing global leader in the baking industry. The company, with approximately 4,000 employees and its headquarters in the US, is family owned. Their refreshing family culture values teamwork, genuine innovation and the ability to grow.
In 2011 Dawn Foods acquired Unifine Food & Bake Ingredients, resulting in a Dawn Foods Europe organization of ± 700 employees. The product range comprises a.o. pastry mixes, fruit fillings, glazes, flavourings and frozen products like muffins, brownies and cakes. These products are sold to artisan bakeries, industrial bakeries, retailers and food service customers.
Dawn Foods Europe has production facilities in the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Portugal and Hungary. Their headoffice is based in the Netherlands (Amstelveen), where the central function leaders such as R&D, Finance and Marketing are located.
To further strengthen the R&D team of Dawn Foods Europe we are currently searching for a professional Regulatory Affairs Manager EMEA - Specialist who is able to make hands-on decisions and set-up a long term strategy .
- Responsible for ensuring products’ compliancy with international food regulations & legislation of current and new markets within EMEA
- Functionally advising and leading the 5 Regulatory Affairs (RA) teams in Europe
- Developing a long term vision as well as best ways of working for handling RA issues
- Setting-up, managing and implementing the RA calendar in collaboration with the European RA teams
- Defining service levels for the RA department and improve where needed
- Initiating improvement projects, e.g. reducing complexity for product approvals, label management, ingredient acceptance and specification management
- Providing practical solutions for the business, in a quick and efficient way
- Following developments with the field of RA for current markets and creating overview in new markets
- Member of crisis team, and working closely together with Sales, R&D and Quality teams
- Reporting to VP R&D Dawn Foods International
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Quality Management or similar
- Strong relevant working experience including stakeholder management, in a corporate setting within food manufacturing
- Up-to-date knowledge of European Food Law requirements
- Able to connect with regional teams, be expert to them with respect for built-up knowledge
- Excellent indirect convincing skills and good communication in English
- Able to travel (± 30-40% of time), mainly to Netherlands, UK, Germany, Belgium and Portugal
- Personal skills: strong interpersonal skills, technical depth, solution-oriented, hands-on, analytical strong, eager to understand details, costumer focus and inquisitive.
For this role it’s possible to work part-time from a home-base unless candidates have a flexible additude.
Visit our website for more jobs in food.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Annoek Kogelman, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-12504148) or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to: firstname.lastname@example.org