Unique opportunity for a senior bakery development professional to obtain a head-level leadership position for one of the Middle East's largest food and beverage manufacturing businesses.
If you have expertise developing an innovation and renovation agenda within flour, bakery ingredients and frozen bakery I want to speak to you. Particularly if this expertise is mirrored with a tangible understanding of the intricacies of working with dough properties, enzymes, hydro colloids, fibres and improvers etc.
My client has been a partner to our business for several years and we have been fortunate to secure global talent to assist its aspirational growth plans. Based in tax-free United Arab Emirates and within one of the most cosmopolitan and fastest growing cities on earth, Dubai, you will be working with skilled and driven colleagues (both male and female) from all over the globe.
This role is a leadership position reporting directly into the CEO of the Flour and Bakery business unit and it is critical you have managed a team of development managers and development technologists - ideally, across multiple sites or geographies. You will be fully responsible and accountable for the entire development strategy, implementation tactics and follow through.
I'm really looking for someone with a passion for bakery and flour development who wants to play a significant part in driving an already successful bakery business unit to new heights.
Standort:Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Provide Leadership to the Flour, Ingredients and Frozen Bakery R&D initiatives.
- Independently lead R&D initiatives on Frozen Bakery and Bakery Ingredients to support the application of Flour
- Responsible to develop prototype products at bakery pilot plant level and then launch on commercial scale in cooperation with Marketing and Sales departments
- Lead the PMR process for Flour business.
- Works closely with Sales and external customers and suppliers to develop innovative solutions and resolve technical problems.
- Be an expert in industry methods and standards, in the potential applications of company products and maintain a natural interest in remaining updated and at the forefront of baking science and market trends.
- As a leader of R&D department, you will be accountable to increase resource capabilities, upgrade skills and introduce “best in class” practices in order to create a R&D Centre Of Excellence for Bakery and Flour
- 10 yrs. plus - relevant R&D experience in Flour and bakery industry.
- Bachelors Degree Minimum within Food Technology
- Masters of Science (within food technology/ milling or equivalent preferred) is advantageous
- Strong experience in Flour, Ingredients, Frozen Bakery, preferably the last one in Frozen Bakery
- Held a leading role in R&D teams of well reputed bakery/ flour companies
- Experienced with dough properties, enzymes, hydrocolloids, fibres, improvers, etc.
- Business understanding and familiarity with commercial and financial business priorities
- Natural leadership ability, able to drive excellence through a team, excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Proven track record of having successfully launched new product launches through to commercial launch
If you can demonstrate this desire and drive alongside the technical competencies required for this Bakery and Flour Group R&D Head position, you will be compensated with a tax free salary package of between £120,000 - £140,000 plus other benefits and additional bonuses, dependent on your experience and expertise.
Contact James Everall at Focus International on firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 1625560778