Royal FrieslandCampina wants to become the most professional, successful and attractive dairy enterprise in the world. All 22,000 employees at FrieslandCampina share a single passion: getting more out of milk and aim to help people move forward in life. With their product portfolio FrieslandCampina reaches millions of people in more than 100 countries. FrieslandCampina consists of a number of business groups and operating companies with offices all around the world and its Headquarters located in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. Innovation plays an important part in the strategy of FrieslandCampina. Their global innovation centre is located in Wageningen (NL) and a regional development centre is located in Singapore, Asia. Product Innovation is supported by global resource groups in specialized areas, such as Nutrition, Process Technology, Food Structure, Packaging and Sensory & Consumer Science. In order to lead global sensory research and development, we are searching for a professional Global Director Sensory Research & Development.
- Responsible for defining and executing the sensory strategy and program
- Managing the Sensory Research and Sensory Development teams, currently organised into 9 direct reports and 50 indirect reports
- Identifying the needs of the various Business Groups (B2C and B2B) for support in the area of sensory research and development
- Defining vision, strategy and annual program to build sensory competences in line with the innovation roadmaps
- Delivering the required sensory support and development for existing and new products
- Driving constant improvement of the centre of excellence for sensory science, in both knowledge and capabilities
- Setting up, implementing and monitoring ways of working with sensory action standards throughout the company fitting with the innovation ambitions
- Building and maintaining a worldwide network of external relations with relevant companies, universities and institute
- Reporting to the Global Director Research & Technology.
Academic degree with specialisation in Sensory- / Consumer Science
Senior R&D and management experience, preferably in an industrial setting
In-depth knowledge of and experience with sensory perception, consumer behaviour and state-of-the-art methodologies
Capable of managing and building teams of sensory & consumer professionals with close connections to other functional disciplines within and outside R&D organisation
Good understanding of decision making processes and the ‘product innovation journey’ in a matrix organisation within a multinational business environment
Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
Personal skills: strategic vision, drive, leadership, priority setting, planning and organising, organisational sensitivity and resilience.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jakob Jan Verbraak, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51820349 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org