A Butchery Manager with a creative flair for New Product Development is required for a high quality meat retailer in Aberdeen, Scotland.
This leading Scottisch meat processing facility is looking to add an expereinced meat sector professional to its team as a Buchery & Dispatch Manager. The company is processing a wide range of meats into primal cuts and added value products such as sausages, burgers and mince while also producing recipe dish products. The Butchery & Dispatch Manager will oversee a team of butchers within the "added value" side of the business and will ideally have experience in new product development. There is a desire to bring in new creative ideas with experience of artisan products and European style butchery and flavours.
For the right candidate the business will offer an attractive salary package in line with experience and is able to offer relocation assistance.
- Managing the day-to-day running of the "Added Value" department (production of sausages, mince and burgers)
- Staff planning
- Processing of product yields and labour costs
- Working within budgets to exceed targets and improve Efficiency
- Close co-operation with our technical and production teams
- Creating products for customer requirements by understanding their needs, advising and guiding where appropriate
- Creating product specifications, with a fine eye for details to ensure that they are adhered to
- Managing the dispatch of the department's output
- A passion and strong background in production of sausages, burgers, mince and other butchery products
- A team player, who will become an integral part of our team of butchers
- Experience in leading a team
- The ability to work and communicate within the team, and with people both inside and outside of the company at all levels
- Motivation for learning and problem solving, with an affinity for product and recipe development
- Experience in improving efficiency and solid knowledge of meat processing machinery in oder to manage future Investments
- MS Office skills preferred
If you are an expert in the meat sector and looking for a new challenge then send your CV today. The salary on offer for this role is dependent on experience so I am keen to speak to the best talent in the European meat sector. If you are an experienced meat industry professional who would like the opportunity to help drive this business forward then please send your CV today to Dave Broadbent: Dave.Broadbent@fmcl.co.uk