A leading meat supplier is looking to add a highly experienced Boning Hall Manager to its butchery operation in Aberdeen.
This first class butcher has been supplying the gourmet meat products to highly reputed restaurants throughout the UK, Europe and further afield for over 40 years. They have established themselves as the leading online meat retailer giving them the ability to supply people directly to their door. Based in Aberdeen in Scotland they have a large team of specialist butchers processing traditional cuts of beef, pork and lamb along with gourmet seafood, game and veal.They are looking for an experienced Boning Hall Manager to join the business and help drive efficiencies, introduce new and innovative techniques and play a part in new product development (NPD).
The company is keen to hear from candidates with European expereicne such as seam butchery and is able to offer relocation assistance for the right candidate. They are looking to create new and innovative offers for its customers and are looking for passionate meat sector specialists to help them achieve this goal.
- Managing the day-to-day running of the Boning Hall
- Staff planning
- Processing of product yields and labour costs
- Working with budgets to exceed targets and improve efficiency
- Creating products for customer requirements by unterstanding their needs, advising and guiding where appropriate
- Working with the QC Team to create product specifications
- A qualification in butchery
- In-depth knowledge of beef, lamb, pork and veal primal cuts
- A thorough knowledge of meat maturation times and techniques, e.g. dry and wet aging
- Experience in leading a team
- The ability to work an communicate within the team, and with people both inside and outside of the company at all levels
- Motivation for learning and problem solving, wtih an affinity for product development
- MS Office skills preferred
The salary on offer for this role is dependent on experience so I am keen to speak to the best talent in the European meat sector. If you are an experienced meat industry professional who would like the opportunity to help drive this business forward then please send your CV today to Dave Broadbent: Dave.Broadbent@fmcl.co.uk